What you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19):
ProAct is aware of, and currently monitoring, the spread of the Coronavirus disease known as COVID-19.
What do I need to know about the vaccine?
For the most up-to-date information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
What are the symptoms?
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Shortness of breath
Who should I contact if I think I am infected?
You should contact your primary care doctor, or local health department.
How do I keep from getting infected?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
For more information, see the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) Coronavirus Disease 2019 page.